This Beta AR jacket from Arc’teryx is ideal for day hikes or multi-day treks. Manufactured from Gore-Tex® Pro, the most advanced membrane of the American company, it cuts the wind correctly and offers excellent impermeability for heavy rains, as well as high wear resistance. Also, its breathable zips on the underside of the sleeves are convenient and limit perspiration in full force.
Every detail of this Arc’teryx jacket is well thought out, including its hood with a small visor and its drawstrings useful and customizable depending on the weather. Available in several colors, I find its attractive design. In conclusion, this Beta AR jacket is a third layer “pure and hard” that can be used both in trek all year round as in other mountain sports such as mountaineering or ski touring for example.
- BETA AR JACKET – A mainstay within the Arc’teryx lineup since 2000, the Beta AR is the do the whole lot, most versatile waterproof/breathable jacket for activities in mountain environments.
- ALL ROUND – High performance weather protection and materials, emphasizing versatility for a couple of activities.
- ARC’TERYX ESSENTIALS – Versatile high performance designs for diverse activities and conditions.
- BETA – Versatile: high performance for diverse activities and conditions.
- GORE-TEX – Waterproof, windproof and breathable textiles that offer fully protective environmental shelter.