A significant mark got the upper hand these days: Darn Tough socks are comfortable, have nosewings, are made woolen merino and are more guaranteed for life. The best.
The model which has us the most convinced for the hike is the model Pillow Crew Micro. The very dense fabric gives a perfect sensation of filling and instead strangely breathes very well also, an excellent sign for the hikes by hot weather!
The socks adjust remarkably well to the foot without compressing either. The fact that there are few elastic tissues used avoids bumps and discomfort in the plantar vault or toes.
No sock is perfect, and the sock does not escape. Not being an ultralight model, she breathes less well than her little sisters when it comes to hiking in hot weather. The fact that they are so resistant also reduces the softness of the fabric relative to some of these competitors. It is up to you to choose between comfort and durability (these are still very comfortable). Note that some hikers have kept their socks darn Tough for about ten years.
- From day hikes to Denali it is a go-to sock for hikers looking for comfort, performance and elegance;
- cushioning along the ground of the foot provides the very best amount of beef up
- Performance is compatible means no slipping, no bunching, and no blisters
- Made from fine gauge Merino wool which is of course antimicrobial and antibacterial
- Still made in Vermont, USA
- Unconditionally guaranteed for life